Glut, formaline, sizing

From: maria ahlberg ^lt;mariaahlberg13@hotmail.com>
Date: 04/09/05-01:20:39 PM Z

We have used 2,5% Glutaraldehyd 6ml /liter for sizing our papers.
Ihave mixed this in the gelatin solotion which is 50g of gelatin to 5 liter
of water, then adding the glut.
We have BFK Rives papers 250 g.
My idea is to size the papers three times.
I have always been using formaldehyd but i am now thrying this instead.
I will also trye to use another preserver than formalin in the gum solution.
Can anyone with experience in this tell me some advice.
Is it overkill to size the papers three times or......
And what can i use instead of formaline to 1 liter of gum arabicum.
Maria Sweden Uppsala