RE: price of pt/pd printing

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 04/10/05-01:57:35 PM Z

Chris,

Faint PT/PD bleeding? Or fogged exposure area? If you are seeing bleeding on
the print, try developing with the image upside down in the tray. You may
also need to increase your soak in time with papers that show bleed off.
You may also be putting to much solution on your paper. Continue upside
down through the first two clearing baths and that should greatly help. Make
sure you have enough liquid in the tray to prevent abrasion of the print
with this procedure. If you still see bleeding after attempting those steps,
you might be getting continued bleeding during your wash steps. I have seen
bleeding with some clearing/paper combinations as well. Give your print a
good back side squeegee away from the darkest area to prevent that bleed off
from showing up.

If you are getting fogging of the edges that should be paper white, you may
need to consider to put you negative on top of your ruby mask or use ruby
tape around the backside of the opening; that which is in direct contact
with the paper. Light can travel along your negative material and expose
the coated area to enough light to give you fogged edges.

As for you other bleeding... When I worked at a frame shop many years
back, we'd call that putting yourself into the work a bit too much if your
blood stained the work. I hope these were small staples and no those used to
put the frame together but rather those used to hold the work in the frame.
Either way I hope you recover with no ill effects.

The Platinum and Palladium pricing I gave were quotes for 10 g and 30 g
respectively, and they were within the last week.

If you only have a bottle of 5% Na2, I'd recommend making a 1 to 2% solution
as well. Small prints don't need much and 5% seems rather high to me. In
my recent diginegs made on UCF and Cone Inks, my 16x20 prints didn't even
require more than 4 drops of 1%.

Hope that helps
EJ Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography