Re: Stain in Pt./Pd. printing, was Re: price of pt/pd printing

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/15/05-07:08:32 AM Z

The boss said they looked fine :).

I think I will try a print that has whites as you say (develop a new curve,
therefore, and use different colorized inks) and compare just for fun, but
so far my "dullness" in any image is due to my image, not my pt/pd method.

The reason why I chose the color that produced the first hint of tone is due
to my experience with BW printing where you want all but specular highlights
to have some detail, but I can certainly be thinking this pt/pd thing
wrong.

BTW, back to pricing. I am about to run out of pt/pd, and I checked that
Englehard source down the road from me in SC for palladium chloride prices,
and with their price my per drop price of palladium goes to 5 cents, which
cuts my 4x6 prints down to 48 cents a piece from 96. But, of course, you
have to mix yourself and buy bulk, which is an incovenience.

One more thing: I was so excited because I found two cheap boxes of Cranes
paper in this store where I drove to pick up a new batch of frames a couple
hours away--Cranes Pearl White PS7111. Then when I got home, I realized it
is AS8111 that everyone likes. The PS is for printing--which means it may
have a coating on it. Anyone have experience with this? At 17 cents a
sheet it was a bargain, and hopefully not a bad one.
Chris