Print flattening

From: Jonathan Bailey ^lt;jon@jonathan-bailey.com>
Date: 04/17/05-03:59:40 PM Z

Hi all,

I want to flatten some 20x24 prints in a dry mount press which measures
approx. 19x22", but I'm having a problem. I'm flattening the prints in two
passes and have sandwiched them between mat board. I'm not fully closing
the top platen down, but I'm usually still getting a "seam" imprinted onto
to the paper. What am I doing wrong? How do I avoid getting a visual
impression where the overlap for the two pressings occurs??

Also, will re-wetting get rid of these seams? Or...??

Thanks!!

Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine