Re: Only slightly OT: scanners

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 04/20/05-03:52:29 PM Z

Jamie Young wrote:
> It's pretty hard to beat a dedicated film scanner, but the 4870 does a
> pretty good job considering the cost. Also, the new epson model is the
> 4990, which does 8x10 film. I saw a big difference in sharpness between
> the 4870 and older 3200 epson. The 4870 is better. I would be curious to
> see is the new 4990 is even better.
> Jamie Young
> On Apr 20, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Gerry Giliberti wrote:

Vincent Oliver reviews these and also the similar spec Canon scanner at
great length on his http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

(Years back Vince and I both used to belong to something called Group 6
which only occasionally had more than 6 of us at any meeting, but I've
not seen him in years.)

Having read all of these reviews, I still couldn't decide which to buy.

Regards,

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk +44 (0)1784 456474
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/