plans for a "Brilliant Viewfinder?"

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 04/30/05-06:34:41 PM Z

    Most of the list has seen the viewfinder which was common on early
cameras--it consisted of a mirror with a lens facing forward and one facing
up so that the user could look down into it and get an (only approximate and
not very good, as I remember) idea of what was being taken. I'd like to try
to make one as a finder for a 6x6 folder which I'd like to use at waist
level. Yes, I know a TLR is ideal for this, but my folder fits my jeans
pocket.
    I don't have a clue as to what focal length the two lenses should be. I
don't need mine to be precise.
    Thanks in advance.
Charles, Portland Or