gum dot test - Crawford

From: John Brewer ^lt;john@glossyormatt.com>
Date: 08/03/05-05:23:33 PM Z

Hello list

I'm about to do the dot test en masse as on page 211 in Keepers of the Light. Watercolour pigment is given in length of 3.8cm or 1 1/2" but there is no mention of tube weight. Pigments I want too test range from 5ml (0.17 US fl oz) to 37ml (1.25 US fl oz) and the exit holes of the tubes vary in diameter, so a 3.8cm length doesn't mean much. Can anyone enlighten me on either the tube weight Crawford used or give me a sample weight as a starting point.

Many thanks

John.