Re: printing services

From: gregory donsky ^lt;gregory0107@yahoo.com>
Date: 08/08/05-04:52:25 PM Z

hey Dan, thanks for the advice. how much does it cost? which camera work with it?

Dan Burkholder <fdanb@aol.com> wrote:I mentioned this before but I'll say it again: those who crave immediate gratification or just love yet another gadget on their desktops should consider the Epson PictureMate Deluxe. It makes beautiful prints (with border or borderless) in about a minute for about $0.29. You can even crop, sharpen and do other stuff to the image, right in the printer. Best thing is you don't even need a computer. Heck, they even offer a battery back so you can take it on a picnic and pop out prints from your digicam. These are pigment prints that will last longer than most color chemical prints.

I'm convinced that, if you are shooting with a digital camera, you need one of these printers. Sure, we're making lots of images with our cameras but how many prints are we actually making? It's a photographic thrill to please friends and family with nice prints just moments after shooting them. A Spanish friend uses one to make prints to give to galleries when preparing for shows. They love the way they can "arrange the show" by moving the prints around on a desk.

Caveat: don't get the "original" PictureMate that is currently being blown out at discount prices. The "Deluxe" model has the neat color LCD on which you can crop and enhance your prints; this makes it much more fun and useful as a printer.

Dan

--
www.danburkholder.com
www.tinytutorials.com