Re: Demise of film

From: Dan Burkholder ^lt;fdanb@aol.com>
Date: 08/08/05-05:01:07 PM Z

Greg: if you read my statement you'll see it specifically addresses
accurate color reproduction. My hat's off to anyone who can manufacture
the equivalent of a fine-grain color film.

And no, I certainly can't build a hi-res chip in the garage either. The
point I was trying to make (albeit poorly) was that it's amazing that we
achieved such stunning image quality via the relatively crude chemical
avenues that were all we had for the first 150 years of Photography.

I'd never suggest that we don't have great talents in the electronic
world, though I might whisper that they have fewer variables along their
paths.

Just my $0.02.

Dan

--