Re: Demise of film

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 08/08/05-06:26:50 PM Z

Jim,

I think you can make some fine negatives with scans from medium format film.
 Partially, it depends on you scanner—for that size a dedicated film scanner
would be best.

You can't go wrong with a fine grained black and white film like TMax 100—I
shoot that a lot in 35 mm and have no problem getting good negatives from it.
One advantage though with color negative film is that you can scan it (in
color) and take advantage of the color channels to filter it to your taste when
converting to black and white. I do this a lot with medium format digital and
it is great. I think either one will give you good results unless you plan
on making billboard size prints.

Have a great trip!

Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com