Re: Demise of film

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 08/09/05-02:22:05 AM Z

-- snip --
>The
> point I was trying to make (albeit poorly) was that it's amazing that we
> achieved such stunning image quality via the relatively crude chemical
> avenues that were all we had for the first 150 years of >Photography.

Crude chemical avenues? I wouldn't begin to explain how the advancement of
the chemical process was of the most sophistocated in the history of
science. Simply, that there have been few needs to advance photo chemistry
since its final refinements.

Albiet, the same for the advance of electronic [digital] photography, which
is not from military research but medical. Chemical advancements have to do
with drug research and both come together in the desire to prolong life and
relieve human suffering.

No, film will never die, nor fail to advance into greater refinement. Even
my most successful friends doing large digital prints for major money stop
to look at their old cibachromes and marvel over the fine quality of those
works of art. It ain't goin' away.

S.