Re: Best formule for one-layer bichromate.

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 08/11/05-12:55:38 PM Z

Pawel
I have worked with gum prints for a few years now, there are some examples
of my single gums on alternative photography web site
http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/marek_matusz.html
My work flow is as follows: I use 14 baume printer's gum solution. I like
watercolor paint in tubes, easy to deal with. A 15 ml tube of good quality
color (I am sure some good brads are available to you) is mixed with about
100 ml of gum, depending on the desired color strength. For a single coat
gum you want more pigment, so go down to 75 or 50 cc of gum. My coating
solution consists of 10 cc of gum/pigment mix, 5 cc of water and 3 to 5
cc of 30% ammonium dichromate solution. For nice tonal gradation I
overexpose and use long development times (2 to 6 hours in not unusual).
Contact me off list if you want to chat some more.
Marek Matusz
Houston