Re: Clearing Palladium (Off Topic)

From: Greg Schmitz ^lt;gws1@columbia.edu>
Date: 08/16/05-02:12:50 PM Z

Did a little poking around and found this - didn't find any articles which
mentioned baning citric acid. Perhaps this is where the "scare" comes
from:

Copyright 2005 The Press Association Limited
Press Association

August 4, 2005, Thursday

SECTION: HOME NEWS

LENGTH: 372 words

HEADLINE: JULY 7 BOMBINGS DETAILS NOT CLEARED FOR RELEASE - NYPD

BYLINE: Victoria Ward, PA, in New York

BODY:
The New York Police Department admitted tonight that information revealed
about the July 7 bombings in London had not been cleared for release by
the British authorities.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told city business leaders the four suicide
bombers had devised their deadly weapons using household items such as
hair bleach and citric acid.

He said the bombs, which killed 52 people as well as the four
perpetrators, were built in Leeds, stored in powerful refrigerators and
were probably detonated using mobile phones...........