RE: cyanotype / Christopher James book

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 08/27/05-07:16:50 AM Z

Well, it gives me more than enough dmax with just one coat. For that reason
I never tried to double coat new cyanotype. I guess one would end with a
very dark blue + extreme contrast by coating new cyanotype twice. As new
cyanotype is more finicky when compared to classic cyanotype, I guess it
would be quite a struggle to double coat it.

Increasing the amount of dichromate will increase the contrast of the
emulsion, it won't intensify the blue.

Frankly, if new cyanotype doesn't give you "enough" dmax, you should be
printing on fiber based warmtone silver-gelatine paper and gold tone
afterwards ;)

Regards,
Loris.

  _____