Greetings from Bozeman, MT & Gum

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 08/28/05-06:54:59 PM Z

I am taking the long way back from doing a workshop at Photographers'
Formulary (what a wonderful facility, beautiful place, nice people and FANTASTIC
FOOD!). Right now I am in Bozman, Montana and Jane kindly took me to Chris
Anderson's doorstep.

Today Chris eagerly took time off from writing her teaching syllabus for
classes tomorrow at Montana State University (she gave me a tour of their super
facilities yesterday) and gave me a great gum deomonstration. She has done a
great job of calibrating it with the PDN system and her full color work is
really good and those where she intended accurate color are really right on.

I was impressed by what a difference the sizing made on the two papers she
let me try my hand at. Both papers were sized, but the one hardened with
gluteraldehyde printed so much smoother and didn't have little spots all over it
like the other. Both papers cleared quickly in about 30 minutes with no
staining by either pigment or dichromate.

I can see I would have to work on my coating technique as it is obviously a
different technique than PT/PD. Now if I can only find a "Magic Hake Brush"
hehehehehe

Well, headed for Wyoming and Colorado next—Jane says "Hi" to everyone on the
list!

Best Wishes,

Mark Nelson