Re: Tiny Bubbles In The ... Gum

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 08/28/05-07:54:14 PM Z

I don't think it's contaminated paper if that's what you're getting at. I
thought maybe foam brushes might cause this because of the rough bubbly edge
surface. I'm wondering if the paper is releasing air because its dry. My
paper has not been pre-shrunk or sized in any way. I switched to a hair
brush but it didn't seem to make much difference. I don't want to "work" the
paper too hard because I'm afraid of roughing it up. I've read that most
people lay down a quick coat and then smooth it out. I'm having problems
with the smoothing out part it just seems to make things worse. I'll avoid
wasting any energy double coating, thanks for the tip. If my mix has low
visocity could that cause it? ie too runny?

~m