Re: Why multiple exposure (was Re: (Gum) Tonal scale)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/01/05-06:47:38 PM Z

On Dec 1, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Loris Medici wrote:

> Hi Katherine. I was talking about one color / one layer of the
> tricolor. The
> test I did was one coat, one color. I mention tricolor just because I'm
> making tests in order to make tricolors in the future.

Yes, this is all exactly as I understood. Do you disagree with my
comment that getting 11 steps on one layer of a tricolor isn't terribly
surprising to me, but it would be more remarkable if someone using a
very heavy mix of lamp black, say, to print a one-coat gum, got 11
steps?

> BTW, what did you find convoluted about the test?

What? I didn't find anything convoluted about your test, at all, in
fact I didn't make any comment whatever about your test. I even
snipped the part about the test off your quoted post, since it wasn't
relevant to any of my comments. Your test is just fine, as far as I
know, although I can't say that I spent a lot of time studying it.

  No, my comment was purely about your pigment. When I said "this seems
a convoluted way to print thalo" I was simply dissing Schminke for
adding white to pthalo and calling it "cerulean blue tone". It was a
flip comment and I'm sorry it was misunderstood. Like I said,
whatever works for you is great, and it sounds like this works very
well for you. Sorry about the confusion,
Katharine

I just gave all the