RE: Why multiple exposure (was Re: (Gum) Tonal scale)

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 12/01/05-01:46:34 PM Z

Hi Katherine. I was talking about one color / one layer of the tricolor. The
test I did was one coat, one color. I mention tricolor just because I'm
making tests in order to make tricolors in the future.

BTW, what did you find convoluted about the test? I just gave all the
details to be clear and maybe the abundence of detail made you think I'm
doing something very complex. It's not - actually that was the result of my
very first test. If your comment is about the way I'm preparing the emulsion
mix: I have to mix a standard emulsion (same amnt. Of pigment / gum and
dichromate) in order to calibrate with the PDN system. Everything has to be
as constant as possible. I just added gum to the tube pigment until the
saturation and density seemed right to me (not too dark and opaque, not too
light). I find Schmincke Cerulean blue tone pretty dark (hence my comment
"acceptable density with one gum coat, sligthly lighter than single coated
classic cyanotype").

Regards,
Loris.