Re: Silver Nitrate Tracer

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 12/02/05-03:09:30 PM Z

In the past I have used a piece of matboard with a window opening just
slightly larger than the negative. I align the mat and hinge it onto
the surface where I'll be coating the paper. After coating and drying,
just line up the paper under the mat again to register the negative in
the correct location.

Another strategy I've used is to mark the edges of the paper with
guidelines of some sort far away from where the image will print.

Joe

>>> mkochsch@shaw.ca 12/02/05 12:03 PM >>>
I've been doing some salt and albumen prints and finding it a bit
frustrating that I can't "see" the silver nitrate I'm coating into my
paper.
Is there something I can add to the silver nitrate solution which will
show
a visible tint when combined with the salted papers? Or under UV light?
That
"something" that would obviously have to be able to wash out in the fix.

~m