Re: (Gum) Tonal scale

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/07/05-01:56:13 PM Z

On Dec 7, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Tom Sobota wrote:

> The problems of opacity and transparency of pigments are not unknown
> to me. They are also not unique to gum printing but are relevant to
> carbon and of course the whole printing industry.

Surely; the point was simply that the law that relates "optical
density" to opacity doesn't hold so well when you get away from the
process(es) that it was originally worked out for.

  I think that while this has been an exhausting discussion (not helped
by the fact that posts were arriving in random order) it's also helped
us (with Joe as scribe) clarify our terms. And thanks for comments
about my site. Forward together!
Katharine