Re: What to Call Full Color Gum Prints

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 12/08/05-11:38:10 AM Z

Mark,

I would say this, I don't personnally care about the name(s) one could give to a subset of the possible variants one could achieve with the dichromate-colloid system. Gum is already a subset of this in some way and the dichromate-colloid system itself is a subset of alternative photographic process which is a subset of the photographic system, etc. The problem would soon be the limit of significant names more then anything else. I can understand the need for some people to be part of something as small as possible like a tribe or of some sort of extented familly. This most be part of our genetic heritage somehow and if enough people decide they need to create a new process name, well good for them. I just say that I don't feel any necessity for a new name.

Regards
Yves

Dec 8 @ 12:30pm