RE: Trivia time: room temperature solubility of platinic acid

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 12/09/05-09:04:29 AM Z

I only use a couple of solutions, straight sodium chloropalladite +
ferric oxalate and the Na2 to control contrast. As you add more Na2
contrast increases and the tone becomes much more neutral. At some
point it becomes as neutral as a print made with equal parts of
palladium and platinum.

Most of my printing is done with digital negatives which have a DR of
about 1.8 and my preferred method of palladium printing is with
dichromate contrast control, not Na2. However, I have made quite a
number of prints with the Na2 method and the result has always been
as I describe.

Sandy