Re: where can I get ferric citrate? can I make it?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/11/05-12:23:09 AM Z

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, jude.taylor@comcast.net wrote:

> I did a search for ferric citrate (purified) a couple of weeks ago and found the following best price (i.e., smallest quantities for lower total dollar amount), otherwise it seemed relatively expensive IMHO.
>
> www.sciencelab.com 125 g $42.00; 500 g $119.92

Another cosmic coincidence -- a friend of mine who is not on the list has
a commission for some work in VDB -- and since her negs are from film via
pinhole, NOT digital, she plans to use Liam's ferric citrate adjustment
(as explored by Carmen & titrated by Sandy in Post-Factory #8). So of
course she ran into the acquisition problem. And needs it for next week.

At one place it would have ended up costing $80 for a pound. (I think the
cost for delivery from The Science Shop would have brought the 125 g about
to that point.) Then she reached Artcraft who are going to special
order a pound for her (they do things like that) with total cost (as I
recall) including delivery somewhere around $45.

The reason I go into all this is that I imagine her use won't be more than
a few ounces & she'd be happy to mail off some ounces at her pro-rated
cost. My present moment is chaos incorporated, but I'll speak to her ASAP
(tomorrow or next day) & see what can be done -- assuming of course no
blizzard hits to tie up the United States mails in the interim....

> Cheers!
> Judy

Hey -- that's my line !

cheers,