searching for the elusive cyanotype rex

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 12/11/05-05:16:17 PM Z

    Last October someone posted a summary of an article in a British
magazine named AG. The summary offered enough information to make me
interested but not enough to try it so I bought the magazine. The article
by Michael Maunder says that a sheet of paper coated only with a solution of
ferric ammonium citrate can be much faster than the traditional cyanotype
mixture of FAC and potassium ferricyanide. To take advantage of this speed
one developes by brushing on a solution of potassium ferrOcyanide--NOT the
usual ferric salt.
    I finally located some of the fairly obscure ferrous salt and tried.
Several times. I emailed Mr. Maunder who could not find anything wrong with
the process as I described what I did. He suggested that I might be using a
better quality of paper and that I should try plain old copy paper, which I
did. No luck. I could give details of what Maunder says to do but I
hesitate to offer the list information which I can't make work.
    Has anyone ever read anything about this process? Is it related to the
much praised but NEVER described cyanotype rex I suspect that is a
non-existant beast.
Charles Portland Or