Re: Paper negative???

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 12/12/05-12:07:53 PM Z

gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca writes:

Hi,

I have seen a few time that paper negative can be and are used to make
prints. I said prints because I assume they can be used with most if not all
process. I'd like to know a bit more on this subject like what kind of "qualities"
the paper must have and all other useful stuff you may think of.

Thanks
Yves

Yves

As paper negatives have a high 'base + fog', they are better for processes
with a limited density range such as gum.

I have been using them for more than thirty years mainly as large sheets of
rc paper were cheaper than large sheets of film.

As it is best to print 'emulsion to emulsion' the negative needs to be
laterally reversed.

Today you might as well print an ink jet negative onto thin paper such as
cheap photo paper or 90 lb watercolour paper.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)