RE: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 12/13/05-05:05:14 AM Z

My understanding is: "Because you can't get acceptable dmax without
using a very high contrast (heavily pigmented) emulsion, and when you
print with such an emulsion you have to use a very low contrast negative
- which will cause loss of local contrast and delicate tonal gradations
+ increase the risk of flaking, giving you a grainy print".

BTW, here's my question: I plan to print duo-pigment gums, a bluish dark
gray (Schmincke Neutral Gray #785, PR251 + PB60 + PG7) for shadowns and
a reddish brown (Schmincke Madder Brown #670, PR206) for highlights. I
will print using digital negatives. Is there any way I can use
Photoshop's Duotone image mode in order to design/predict the results
and design curves/negatives giving that particular look in my monitor?

TIA,
Loris.