Re: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: T. E. Andersen ^lt;postlister@microscopica.com>
Date: 12/13/05-06:59:56 AM Z

Hello Yves,

If you find a way of making a gum print with good tonality, using only
one coating, I'm all ears!

Best regards,
Tom Einar

Ps. The limitation is not the negative, but how much pigment can be
coated in one layer without the whole thing flaking off in development.
Remember that the exposure if from the top of the emulsion, and if it is
thick enough to carry the full density of the finished print, it is more
than likely to wash away in the highlights during development. I guess
using a coarse raster screen could do away with this problem, but only
at the cost of image detail and tonality.