Re: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 12/13/05-01:11:06 PM Z

Tom,

thats sounds like a very reasonable explanation, (the Ps. part). The way I
read some others replies, it sounded like some esoteric factor was involved
and given my background I just couldn't accept those kind of explanations.

I suppose then that doing just like is done in carbon printing ie using an
intermediate "tissue" to "correct" (1 ) the problem of in depth
insolubilisation in high pigment density and relatively high thickness
coating, even if it's made of gum instead of gelatine, this would probably
not qualify as a single coat gum print???

I understand multiple coat can bring a lot more then just darker tones, they
bring a third dimension with all the possibilities it implies. This is kind
of the artistic reasons I would invoke to justify multiple exposure but you
guessed right I was interested in the technical reasons.

Thanks,
Yves

(1) I use the word "correct" but I'm sure there could be a better choice of
word.