Re: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 12/13/05-06:29:04 PM Z

postlister@microscopica.com writes:

Hello Terry,

I don't think there is any conflict between your advice and my simple
explanations. What I said can probably not be directly interpreted in
this way, but certainly points in the same direction. My point is simply
that one coating can not carry the pigment needed for a full range pint.

Tom Einar

Ps. This being said, I HAVE seen a couple of very fine gum prints with
only one coating. They were very dense, with little detail, but were
nevertheless among the most beautiful prints I've seen.

Sorry Tom

I had just not seen your comments.

In fact I was inspired to get into gum printing by a monochrome single coat
gum print which was shown to me by a guy who had started his gum printing
with the Secessionists !

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)