Re: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: T. E. Andersen ^lt;postlister@microscopica.com>
Date: 12/13/05-05:40:06 PM Z

TERRYAKING@aol.com wrote:
> This is not theory. This is simple, practical, demonstrable fact. If
> you were to come on one of my gum workshops I would show you.
>
> Where are you ?
>
> I do not know what Tom said but if it cannot be interpreted in this way
> you are being given a bum steer.
>
> Terry

Hello Terry,

I don't think there is any conflict between your advice and my simple
explanations. What I said can probably not be directly interpreted in
this way, but certainly points in the same direction. My point is simply
that one coating can not carry the pigment needed for a full range pint.

Tom Einar

Ps. This being said, I HAVE seen a couple of very fine gum prints with
only one coating. They were very dense, with little detail, but were
nevertheless among the most beautiful prints I've seen.