RE: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 12/14/05-12:54:32 AM Z

If you take it to that extent, I would say even the color of the pigment
may affect the exposure scale of the emulsion (think of the difference
between curves for a blue layer and a yellow layer, or the difference in
the behaviour of a blue layer and say... a red layer - Christina can you
please chime in here? You should have a good deal of information on this
issue)... I don't think further diluting of dichromate in order to print
a heavily pigmented (therefore relatively high contrast) mix will
necessarily make possible using a relatively high contrast negative and
solve the problem presented here... Because decreasing the dichromate
ratio will make the emulsion more flaking-prone. So, the higher is the
pigment load, the lower should be the the dichromate dilution, the lower
the dichromate dilution, the lower should be the pigment load (if you
don't want flaking). Kind of a vicious circle...

Regards,
Loris.