Re: (Gum) Multi prints???

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 12/14/05-02:55:39 AM Z

cactuscowboy@bresnan.net writes:

I've had best results printing gum with negatives that would be "perfect"
for use with Grade 2 silver gelatin paper. With my methods and printing
preferences, a negative with 0.7 density range would be a bit flat, but
certainly not unusable. Also consider whether Potassium or Ammonium
Dichromate is being used, that will make a noticeable difference.

Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming

The point is that multiprinting enables one to build the contrast. Given
this control, the difference between the ideal gum negative with a density of
0.7, and the 0.9 negative which is 'ideal' for silver gelatine, is minimal. I
usually use negatives with a density of around 0.9.

The multiprinting principle works well with other processes such as platinum
and classic cyanotype.

The cyanotype rex gives greater flexibility.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)