Re: Paper nergs without oiling.

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/14/05-09:57:08 AM Z

Henk,
I'm not sure we're in disagreement here. I wasn't arguing against paper
negatives, in fact probably 90% of all the gum prints I've made have
been printed from paper negatives of different sorts. I was just
saying that for me, RC paper takes inordinate amounts of time to
expose, because of its plastic backing, and won't take oil very well.
  If you're saying that the color paper you're using is the same as RC
paper, and works well for you, and takes oil well for you, then that's
great; opposing observations are the rule of the day for us here,
isn't that so?

John was wondering why anyone would need to oil a paper negative, since
he contact-printed RC paper onto RC paper in 30 seconds. My point was
that for alt processes, RC paper takes a lot longer to contact print,
and that's why we would want to oil paper negatives, although I haven't
found that RC paper oils well. That's all,

Katharine