Re: Paper nergs without oiling.

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 12/14/05-05:51:14 AM Z

Op 13 dec 2005 om 23:17 heeft Katharine Thayer het volgende geschreven:

> Hi John,
> Yes, paper negatives work well with commercial silver paper, but if
> you tried to print that same RC paper negative onto gum, you'd be
> exposing all day.

Hi Katherine,
I am very reluctant to have any doubt about the things you say on this
list, but in this case I have a different experience.
I produce digital negatives and let them print in a print shop on
'normal' color paper. Especially if I want larger formats -up to 50x75
cm- it is the way to go for me. My largest Arista lith film is 40x50
cm.
I use a selfmade exposure tool with tubes used in the 'tanning
business', a distance of about 3 to 5 cm.
Exposure times are about 80 sec. with the lith-neg and 600 sec for the
'color paper neg.'; this for gum.
For oil-printing it is 150 resp. 1200 secs.
For cyanotype I did not succeed to produce some nice prints.
See my website for results.

Cheers,
Henk