Getting clear gum was Re: Sizing paper with gum...

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 12/15/05-09:51:56 AM Z

Hi,

This idea of getting a truely clear gum (if it is possible) gave me an idea.
To my knowledge (only two sample) gum aint clear to start with in the strict
sense of the word. But we may possibly use a side by side comparison of both
a strait gum layer with no dichromate and a gum dichromate layer to find a
proper exposure to secure both good adherence to the paper and prevent
residual colors or staining of the gum dichromate layer. This exposure would
reflect ones particular set of circonstance.

Yves