Re: Japanese Papers

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/16/05-02:25:20 AM Z

Do you mean the paper used to make shoji (window shades)? That kind of
paper is glued with wheat starch glue on woodern grids, so its wet
strength is probably very good. When the paper becomes old, the glued
area is moistened to reverse the glue to remove the paper for
replacement, but the paper is still intact.

Shoji's not wall... obviously with 35gsm wall no one would die when
earthquake breaks houses down...