Re: Image formation in gum

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 12/16/05-07:35:51 AM Z

Joe,

Yes they seem to be brighter. Is it real or is it just differences in light
reflection? I'm also baffled by this. But see below...

And why the letters have imaged, yes ...

I have the feeling that we are up to something that will eventually
help understanding the inversion. Again, perhaps not :-)

Anyway, I just uploaded a detail of the same image without scaling
down so you can see the effect better. It is here:
http://usuarios.arsystel.com/tksobota/Gum_on_glass_5.jpg

The same region, once dry (24 hs. in Madrid, which usually means
_bone_ dry) is here:
http://usuarios.arsystel.com/tksobota/Gum_on_glass_6.jpg
This is not a photography but a monochrome scan by transparency.
In this image the gum has dried so there are no 3D light effects as in
the other images. There is indeed a difference in optical density
between the letters.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain