RE: Gum problem(s) - Sizing pH for cyanotype

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 12/23/05-09:21:56 PM Z

Chris and this list,

I surmise. FAEW doesn't like cyanotype much in general so the layer of
sizing
probably acts as a buffer between it and the buffering.

Sorry this reply is a bit late but I would speculate that the glut and
perhaps the Everclear added to the gelatin create a surface with an acidic
pH. The FEW that I've sized that way seems to work fine with cyanotype where
the unsized FEW has a weaker DMAX and poor tonality.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Don Bryant