Monitor calibration (OT)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/30/05-10:38:07 AM Z

Hi All,
So I've been setting up to redo some of my web pages and it's been
driving me nuts that I can't find a place to toggle the monitor gamma
on my new Mac G5 so that I can see the page as a PC user might see
it. Now I've looked around enough to see that you can't select a
monitor gamma until after you've selected a color profile, which
annoys me because I like to toggle back and forth between 1.8 and
2.2, and it looks like now they've fixed it so that once you've
selected a monitor gamma you're stuck with it. But never mind that, I
do need to calibrate my monitor and the question is there's a ton of
profiles to pick from; should I stick with sRGB? Is there any
advantage to choosing Epson sRGB since I have an Epson scanner and
printer? I see nothing in the scant documentation provided to help me
make this decision. TIA,
Katharine