Re: glyoxal yellowing now: How do you know it's hard?

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 02/04/05-10:28:43 PM Z

Another approach consists of using silane for the subbing: rub the
(clean/degreased!) glass plate with a 1% freshly prepared acetone solution
of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane over one or both sides with a tissue for
about 1 min until the solvent has evaporated. Allow the glass plate to stand
for several hours to ensure reaction of the silane. On that layer your gum
solution will firmly adhere.

Some time ago (maybe in 2002 or 2003 - take a look at the archives) Philippe
Monnoyer recommended incorporating silane into a gelatin solution. It may be
a good idea to add a small amount of that above mentioned silane mixture to
your gum solution.

Martin