Re: glyoxal yellowing now: How do you know it's hard?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/05/05-02:04:34 AM Z

From: MARTINM <martinm@SoftHome.net>
Subject: Re: glyoxal yellowing now: How do you know it's hard?
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:28:43 +0100

> Another approach consists of using silane for the subbing: rub the
> (clean/degreased!) glass plate with a 1% freshly prepared acetone
> solution of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane over one or both sides with
> a tissue for about 1 min until the solvent has evaporated.

That's another good way to improve the adhesion on glass.

> Philippe Monnoyer recommended incorporating silane into a gelatin
> solution. It may be a good idea to add a small amount of that above
> mentioned silane mixture to your gum solution.

I think 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane is incompatible with water or
admixtures consisting of water and hydrophillic molecules, and it
doesn't work like a surfactant, so I think a separate step is
necessary. So far I get excellent adhesion by my gelatin blend, so I
don't think I'll go to the trouble of an extra step...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,