Re: Portland SPE here we come

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 02/05/05-01:03:19 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Well, if it's on Ankeny Street,

Oops, I didn't realize that Ankeny shows up in more than one place, so I
had the Tugboat Brewery in the wrong neighborhood. Here's what my son
says about it, and he adds a recommendation:

The Tugboat is one of these "if you haven't been there, you'll never
find it" places. It's on a tiny side alley near Burnside and Broadway,
around the corner from Mary's (Strip) Club, with which it shares
restrooms. A group of larger than 10-15 people would fill the place
up, and parking is non-existent. And they do not serve food other
than nachos. Ringler's (at 14th and Burnside) is much better suited
to larger groups (they have large tables), though the noise level isn't
always amenable to quiet conversation. But they do serve food, the
beer is good, and if you hit it during happy hour (4-6) pints are 2.75
and there's a pretty good $2 food menu.