Re: Adhesion

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 02/14/05-05:44:34 AM Z

> Did you find the patent numbers you mentioned?

Not yet.

> Do you actually make silver gelatin emulsion, mix
> 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane and coat glass with it? Do you see any
> adverse effect like increased fog (especially with gold
> sensitization)? If there's no increased fog, what kind of emulsion are
> you using?

Yes, I make a SH emulsion (ultra-fine grains of 10 - 30nm size) and I mix,
prior to coating, a small amount of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane. I don't
see any fogging. I did not yet carry out any gold sensitization but plan to
do that in the next weeks.
I did quite some plates, using simple bathing methods, forming the silver
halide grains in situ in an already coated gelatin layer. I assume that
method may be applied to emulsions on other substrates too...

> Fuji even sells their stylene butadiene
> latex copolymer in a bottle.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if that stuff adheres also on polycarbonate.
With respect to optical performance, PC looks superior to PET since it's
inherently a non-birefringent material.

Martin