Re: Adhesion

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/17/05-12:24:30 PM Z

From: MARTINM <martinm@SoftHome.net>
Subject: Re: Adhesion
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:44:34 +0100

> I did quite some plates, using simple bathing methods, forming the
> silver halide grains in situ in an already coated gelatin layer. I
> assume that method may be applied to emulsions on other substrates
> too...

If you are talking about method analogous to salted paper, that would
be pretty bad.

> Sounds interesting. I wonder if that stuff adheres also on
> polycarbonate. With respect to optical performance, PC looks
> superior to PET since it's inherently a non-birefringent material.

Polycarbonates were used as film support but it doesn't take tensile
force of gelatin film very well and also has poorer dimensional
stability than polyester.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know