Re: Portland SPE here we come

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 02/14/05-10:43:41 AM Z

    Visitors to Portland should be aware of two aspects of the city. Our
blocks are only 200 feet long--that's 26 blocks to the mile! Distances
which look long on your map may well be a ten minute walk away. Your hotel
will give you a map. On it will be marked the "Free Zone." Inside this
zone--which is more than all of downtown Portland--buses, Max Light Rail and
the streetcar are all free. .
    If we want to have a group meeting, there are two reasonably priced
restaurants (well, two which I have eaten at) right near the Hilton.
Metropolitan Cafe serves standard urban meals and Dragonfish serves a sort
of fusion-Asian. Both are moderate in price and both look like a group of
up to 8 could get seated for lunch or dinner without reservations, though
that is never a certainty. A step up in price and quality, still in easy
walking distance is Pazzo's serving Italian food. At lunch they have $9
individual pizzas plus the usual Italian food. No pizza at dinner. I don't
think you'd need a reservation at lunch and maybe not at dinner.
    Reply off-list for any other info you would like. cryberg@comcast.net
Charles Portland OR