Re: Adhesion

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 02/17/05-02:53:33 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

.

> My first question would be: how would the silane know to adhere the gum
> to the glass only in the exposed areas and not in the unexposed areas?

Or another way of asking the same question: can the silane distinguish
between crosslinked gum and non-crosslinked gum, and adhere only the
crosslinked gum to the glass while releasing the non-crosslinked gum?
This is what would have to happen for the silane to be an effective
adhesive agent for the crosslinked gum image; I'd be interested to
understand by what mechanism the silanes would be able to make this
distinction?
kt