Re: Monitor Calibration and digital negatives

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 02/24/05-11:38:48 AM Z

I noticed that no-one has answered your question. It had been too long
since I did this on a PC, but was at a friend's yesterday and checked.
The app is where you said (settings>control panel>adobe gamma). You set
the "Contrast to maximum" and then adjust the "Brightness" in the first
or second step (where you are asked to make the inner of 2 stacked
black boxes just visible).

So, you do not leave brightness at maximum, it should be adjusted very
early in the process.

You do leave contrast at maximum. This (I assume) is so the Gamma can
have the full range to "play with" when you ask it to set/adjust the
mid tones (the page that ask you to pick "Mac standard" or "PC
standard").

Hope that helps.