Re: Monitor Calibration and digital negatives

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 02/22/05-05:01:55 AM Z

> If you are on a pc "AND" have Photoshop or Illustrator installed, you
> also have a small Adobe app called "Gamma" installed on your system. It
> is very similar to the Mac calibrator. It has been too long since I set
> up a PC screen, I can't remember where to find this or the setting to
> use. But, It worked nicely on the PC.

You should be able to find it in "settings>control panel>adobe gamma
Maybe I'm dumb, but I find the instructions a bit strange ......you are told
to set the monitor to maximum brightness to do the calibration, but nowhere
does it then tell you to readjust the brightness! Someone enlighten me
please?

Kate