Re: Submitting work on CD.

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@agx.st>
Date: 02/27/05-04:07:10 PM Z

This is a continuation of a thread more than a month ago, but I'm
wondering how many people actually tried to use PDF as a way to
submit/present/catalog/disseminate/whatever photographic work. I've
tried something myself, and like to compare notes with others who
tried it. I can't seem to find much on this topic on the web...

It's very convenient that I can carry my PDF portfolio in a memory
stick, and have a copy on the web... Also, I can embed images in
slightly larger sizes in the PDF file, and let the PDF viewer adjust
the image size to the screen size/resolution by reduction for best
results, so that I don't have to assume the monitor resolutions,
window sizes, etc., which would be a source of headache in HTML/JPEG
presentation. The price is that one PDF containing 30 images of
slightly larger-than-normal sizes would take up some 10 MB. Though
downloading the file may take a minute with a DSL, cable or other
faster connections, the rest of the navigation is fast and easy.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know