Re: Kremer Defoamer

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@agx.st>
Date: 02/27/05-10:37:03 PM Z

If the solution is not separated to two phases, I think it should be
ok. If separated, warm up in a water jacket or microwave oven and
shake vigorously.

I've used it for gelatin size as well as silver gelatin emulsion. My
suggestion is to use it in the smallest effective quantity. I have a
feeling that overdose of this particular antifoam tends to cause
coating defects, especially on glass plates. Because of this, I've
been looking for a non-emulsion type defoamer. tert-butyl alcohol is a
classic defoamer. Tergitol L-62 (Dow) is a defoaming surfactant. If
you find Kremer defoamer problematic, you might find one of these or
other defoamers makes life easier.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know